A Taste of Lebanon in Australia? Here’s What You Need to Try Out
September 27, 2018
It’s hard when you crave for Asian cuisine when you’re outside Asia. It’s a good thing, though, that Sydney has lots of restaurants to offer. From the Middle Eastern dish like the charcoal chicken to even the dishes in East Asia, Sydney has it all.
Sydney is one of the places that you need to visit because it offers a lot of different things. It has nice beaches, it has a diverse culture, and the best part is that it has good chicken restaurants. Every dish that comes out of their kitchen will surely surprise your palate. Plus, each food will make you feel like you’re in its origin country.
Aside from the charcoal chicken that Sydney’s Lebanese restaurants have, they also specialize in other Lebanese dishes. Here are some of which that you also need to try out.
- Kibbeh – This is Lebanon’s national dish and it’s one of the first dishes that you need to try. It’s made with spicy minced meat and sautéed pine nuts that will definitely awaken your palate.
- Hommus – This is a dip made with mashed chickpeas that are mixed with lemon juice, tahini, salt, olive oil, and garlic. Some Lebanese restaurant in Sydney also uses other beans aside from chickpeas which give it more twists.
- Falafel – This is also one of the traditional Middle Eastern food that you need to try out in Sydney’s Lebanese restaurant. It’s basically a ball of ground chickpeas or fava beans. Some restaurants combine the both of them and it’s really tasty.
- Tabouli – This is a Lebanese salad made with chopped vegetables and bulgur wheat. Lime juice and olive oil are also mixed in this dish. Most of the time, you can order it with you charcoal chicken.
- Kafta – This is Lebanon’s take on the meatballs that we all got used to. It’s usually made with ground beef, parsley, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Fruits with Ashta – This is for those who love desserts. For starters, ashta is a Lebanese milk pudding that’s made with orange blossom and rose water.
These dishes promise a taste of Lebanon. Thus, if you’re craving for a Lebanese dish or if you want to get a taste of the said Middle Eastern country, these are the top dishes that you might want to try. And if you’re away from the Middle East, it’s best to head on to Sydney’s top Lebanese restaurants to try these dishes. You’ll definitely love it.
Let your Lebanese cuisine craving satisfied even when in Sydney. Check out http://www.lamono.com.au/.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]A Taste of Lebanon in Australia? Here’s What You Need to Try Out,
Categories: Australia, Travel, Travel Tips